Blood Music Forum
Film Thread - Printable Version

+- Blood Music Forum (http://blood-music.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Public Forum (http://blood-music.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Reviews Forum (http://blood-music.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Film Thread (/showthread.php?tid=462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Film Thread - Aldhissla - 05-29-2018

Totally agree on Deadpool 2. As a pretty big Star Wars fan, I'm a little scared to go and see Solo. The trailer made it look like a big farce imo. But it just kicked off; let's see if I can convince myself.

RE: Film Thread - Doogz - 05-30-2018

Finally saw "Avengers: Infinity War". Surprisingly, it works really well, each character gets a little spotlight without ever detracting from the whole narrative. Brutal as fuck though.

RE: Film Thread - kadaver - 08-18-2018

Anyone else incredibly stoked to see this movie?

RE: Film Thread - Blood Music - 08-18-2018

I'm definitely interested. Beyond the Black Rainbow was good.

RE: Film Thread - hugo - 08-19-2018

my neighborhood artsy fartsy cinema bar will show this one the day after the Perfect Blue showing. Guess I will be spending a lot of time there now.

RE: Film Thread - kadaver - 08-19-2018

(08-18-2018, 08:44 PM)Blood Music Wrote: I'm definitely interested. Beyond the Black Rainbow was good.

I watched that not too long ago, because of the trailer for "Mandy". Even though the plot didn't really seem to go anywhere, depending on your interpretation (probably you either think its ambiguity and weak ending is on purpose and serves as a piece to rebel against modern cinema's uninteresting visuals and predictable yet "instantly gratifying" plots and are able to forgive it, or you think it's pretentious garbage) , I still find myself thinking about that movie pretty frequently, and I'm left wondering why this guy hasn't made more movies so far; because that movie was visually amazing and managed to create such a memorable atmosphere. Mandy seems to have both an exciting, pacy plot as well as amazing visuals and a fucked-up-yet-oh-so-intriguing atmosphere, so I can't wait. And the trailer is probably the best trailer I've seen for a movie; granted I've not watched a lot of trailers. Some of Jóhann Jóhannsson's tracks from the OST are already available, and they sound great as well.

(08-19-2018, 12:35 AM)hugo Wrote: my neighborhood artsy fartsy cinema bar will show this one the day after the Perfect Blue showing. Guess I will be spending a lot of time there now.

That sounds great. No idea if it's playing anywhere near me; will have to check again, because I didn't really find anything last time.

RE: Film Thread - Blood Music - 08-19-2018

The director is the son of a famous director/cinematographer who came into a bunch of money and used it towards making BtBR. It was supposed to be a one-off film and he wasn't going to make another. That's why he's only made these two so far. That Mandy exists is a surprise.

RE: Film Thread - kadaver - 08-20-2018

Ah, ok. I heard he was working on the story for Mandy for a long time though, from interviews. Then SpectreVision (Elijah Wood's production company) picked it up and pumped some money into it, I guess. Well, it's getting rave reviews, so if Mandy is as good as it sounds, hopefully we'll hear a lot more of the guy.